3/5/14

Christmas Day

I vow to never get this far behind again....this is torture trying to get caught up!

After all those other fun December actvities, Christmas morning FINALLY arrived.

IMG_9404

Waiting for mom and dad to get up and make it downstairs with the cameras is what I imagine my kids would refer to as torture! In the meantime, they dug wholeheartedly into their stockings.

IMG_9403

Santa brought

A helicopter transformer

IMG_9415

Daisy the Fur Real kitty

IMG_9416

and a 10 gallon aquarium....that leaked 24 hours later and had to be replaced...with a 20 gallon aquarium. Aaack!

IMG_9417

then there was ONE BIG present for the whole family

IMG_9422

A Basketball goal!!

IMG_9424

A few more packages from Mom and Dad...

IMG_9439

IMG_9440

IMG_9448

Then I tortured them one more time by making them take a family photo!!

IMG_9446

By the way, the socks Westynn is wearing...they were in his stocking! It was the first thing he did and it just makes me so happy that he LOVES socks so much. It's really the only clothes he likes :)

After the storm of presents was over, it was time to start Christmas Dinner. We fixed a prime rib for the first time this year and our parents came over to share it with us...along with Jeremy's Uncle Mike. It was my first time to prepare one and I have to say that it was SO GOOD!!! My mom even went back for a second piece...so you know it must have been good :) I didn't get any pictures though because we were so hungry we just dug right in.

It had snowed earlier in the week, but Christmas Day turned out to be a beautifully sunny, mild day. Perfect for a little sledding, snowman building and snowball fighting!

IMG_9473

IMG_9497

IMG_9501

IMG_9507

IMG_9520

IMG_9523

Before we called it a day Cambree wanted to have in her words, "An EPIC family snowball fight. With ALL the grandma's and grandpa's." So that's exactly what we did...it was so much fun!

IMG_9525

IMG_9527

IMG_9529

IMG_9532

And yes that is me shoving my daughters face in the snow

IMG_9533

and this is her shoving snow in my coat!

IMG_9534

IMG_9539

I have to say this Christmas Day probably goes down as one of my most memorable and favorite!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

SO much fun! I love it!